BE BOLD FOR CHANGE
CELEBRATING INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY
Today, March 8th is International Women’s Day and this year’s theme is #BeBoldForChange
Here’s the thing… at the current rate it will take 170 years for men and women to have equal pay and working conditions… 170 YEARS… that means by 2187 – that’s crazy time and generations away. We have to make the changes now.
Society is more prosperous when more women are working.
When there are more women in senior leadership roles there are better bottom line results
When women are involved in peace negotiations, there is less conflict and less death.
When gender stereotypes at home don’t exist, i.e. mums are at work and dad are sharing the work at home then son’s become more self-reliant and daughters climb higher in their respective careers.
So, how can we #BeBoldForChange today and every day?
- Be unapologetic for creating the change you want to bring.
- Start where you are: in any capacity you can make a difference.
- Don’t let anyone tell you your being ‘too’ anything…EVER.
- Remove the words ‘just’ and ‘little’ from your vocabulary, any change leads to a bigger impact overall – think of the global contribution you are making across the world.
- Be your own leader.
- Let the first time you do anything be the first time, and let the 100th be the 100th.
- Stick two fingers up to perfection. Let’s stop that damaging crap. We are all perfectly imperfect.
- Don’t judge yourself, or other women.
- Let’s lift each other up, not drag each other down.
- Be bold for change – even one step is a bold one.
You can watch the Facebook Live video I posted about International Women’s Day, and Being Bold For Change below.
You can also join myself, Lucy Sheridan and Gail Schock next week for the first Making Positive Changes of the year in Brighton on Thursday 16th March, where we will be Activating Our Inner Spring. Grab tickets now.